Outdoor use requires the sensor to be within a weatherproof enclosure.
Interfaces with sensors providing 0-5 VDC signals to act as a Smart Sensor with compatible data loggers. Features both a non-switched input and a battery-saving switched input that extends the life of external batteries. This adapter also provides a trigger signal for controlling power to attached external sensors, while offering digital filtering which improves measurement accuracy with 32 readings/sample.
- 12-bit resolution
- Digital filtering improves measurement accuracy with 32 readings/sample—4-20 mA adapter has 60 Hz noise rejection
- Measurement averaging over logging intervals further enhances accuracy
- Screw terminal for connecting to sensors
- HOBO RX3000 and U30 stations have room for two adapters
- Use with HOBO USB Micro Station and HOBO MicroRX Station requires Smart Sensor Consolidator Box (S-ADAPT-6) and an extension cable
- Represents one data input channel
In what environment does this sensor operate?
This sensor operates in indoor and outdoor environments.
What measurements does this sensor support?
The S-VIA-CM14 sensor supports the following measurement: DC Voltage
|Measurement Range||0-5 V DC|
|Accuracy||±10mV ±0.3% of reading (over operating temperature range)|
|Input Impedance||1 Megohms|
|Sensor Trigger Open Collector||The maximum sink current: 115 mA; 30V maximum|
|Sensor Trigger Source||Voltage: 2.5 V ±2.4%; maximum current: 1 mA|
|Warm-up Time||10.3 ms ±3% (fixed)|
|Measurement Time||2.4 ms ±3%|
|Cable Length||14 cm (5.5 inch)|
|Ground Connection||Same for adapters and PC interface|