Measures rainfall to determine rainfall rates, times, and duration; for deployment with most standard tipping-bucket rain gauges. Efficiently gather and store momentary contact events and temperature data. Additionally, gain access to detailed event data, which is only stored at the time of the event, for better memory usage.
- Ideal for recording rainfall with tipping-bucket rain gauges
- Records tips or momentary contact closures and temperature
- Event-based data storage provides detailed data and efficient memory usage
- Stores over 16,000 tips (160 in. of rainfall with a 0.01 in. rain gauge)
- Includes scaling to inches, millimeters, or other units
For a self-contained rainfall logger, see the HOBO RG3, a tipping-bucket rain gauge with integrated logger.
External Event Input:
- Event Sensor: Two-wire interface suitable for measuring mechanical and electrical contact closures
- Maximum Input Frequency: 1 Hz (1 pulse per second)
- Lockout Time: 500 ms
- Minimum Pulse Width: 1 ms (hardware debounce)
- Input/Output Impedance: 100 kΩ
- Edge Detection: Falling edge, contact closure, or Schmitt-trigger buffer
- Preferred Switch Type: Normally open. The logger works with normally closed switches but compromises battery life.
- Open Circuit Input Voltage: Battery voltage; nominally 3.0 V
- Maximum Input Voltage: Battery voltage + 0.3 V
- User Connection: 24 AWG, 2 leads: white (+), black (-)
- Measurement Range: -20°C to 70°C (-4°F to 158°F)
- Accuracy: ±0.53°C from 0°C to 50°C (±0.95°F from 32°F to 122°F), see Plot A. A solar radiation shield is required for accurate temperature measurements in sunlight.
- Resolution: 0.14°C at 25°C (0.25°F at 77°F), see Plot A
- Drift: Less than 0.1°C/year (0.2°F/year)
- Response Time: Airflow of 2 m/s (4.4 mph): 10 minutes, typical to 90%
- Time Accuracy: ±1 minute per month at 25°C (77°F), see Plot B
- Operating Range: -20°C to 70°C (-4°F to 158°F)
- Environmental Rating: Tested to NEMA 6 and IP67; suitable for deployment outdoors
- Drop Specification: 1.5 m (5 ft) onto concrete
- NIST Traceable Certification: Available for temperature only at additional charge; temperature range -20°C to 70°C (-4°F to 158°F)
- Battery: CR-2032 3V lithium battery; 1 year typical use
- Memory: 64K bytes
- Materials: Polypropylene case; stainless steel screws; Buna-N o-ring; PVC cable insulation
- Weight: 50 g (1.7 oz.)
- Dimensions: 71 x 33 x 23 mm (2.8 x 1.3 x 0.9 inches); 1.8 m (6 ft) cable
- The CE Marking identifies this product as complying with the relevant directives in the European Union (EU).
In what environment does this data logger operate?
This data logger operates in indoor and outdoor environments.
What measurements does this data logger support?
The UA-003-64 data logger supports the following measurements: Event, Rainfall and Temperature
For more information visit Onset