A wireless sensor that works with the HOBOnet system to not only measure soil moisture (volumetric water content) with better accuracy and precision but also provide soil temperature measurements. Designed to withstand harsh environmental conditions, this durable sensor lasts up to 10 years, so you can leave them in the field for extended periods of time. Sharpened stainless-steel probes make installation easy, even in hard soil, and an increased volume of influence provides better results and a more accurate view of soil moisture.
The HOBOnet T11 is backed by over 20 years of soil-moisture research and features a trademark 70MHz frequency capacitance technology, minimizing salinity and textural effects.
The HOBOnet system is a cost-effective and scalable wireless sensor network for web-enabled monitoring of field conditions for applications such as crop management, research, and greenhouse operations. And because it's wireless, you can deploy a network of sensors to easily monitor multiple points with a single system, while avoiding the risk of long cables that can interfere with field operations and are potentially vulnerable to nearby lightning strikes. Sensors are easily linked to the network, and data can be accessed through HOBOlink®, Onset's innovative cloud software platform.
DocumentationQuick Start Guide
- Soil moisture (volumetric water content) and soil temperature measurements with one device
- Sensor lasts up to 10 years in the field
- Largest volume of influence (1010 mL) relative to sensor size, resulting in more accurate soil moisture measurements
- Easy installation with sharpened stainless-steel probes that are more resistant to damage/deterioration
- Less sensor-to-sensor variability
- 900 MHz wireless mesh self-healing technology
- 450 to 600 meter (1,500 to 2,000 feet) wireless range and up to five hops
- Up to 50 wireless sensors or 336 data channels per HOBO RX station
- Simple button-push to join the HOBOnet wireless network
- Onboard memory to ensure no data loss
- Powered by rechargeable AA batteries and built-in solar panel
In what environment does this operate?
This operates in an outdoor environment.
What measurements does this support?
This supports the following measurements: Soil Moisture and Soil Temperature