Integrates the field-proven ECH2O™ EC5 Sensor and provides readings directly in volumetric water content; wirelessly communicates data to the HOBO RX3000 or the HOBO MicroRX station.
HOBOnet wireless sensors communicate data directly to the HOBO RX3000 or the HOBO MicroRX station or pass data through other wireless sensors back to the central station. They are preconfigured and ready to deploy, and data is accessed through HOBOlink, Onset's innovative cloud software platform.
DocumentationQuick Start Guide
- ±3% accuracy in typical soil conditions, and ±2% accuracy with soil-specific calibration
- Measures a 0.3-liter volume of soil for taking readings at a specific depth or in a container
- A High-frequency (70 MHz) circuit provides good accuracy even in high-salinity and sandy soils
- 900 MHz wireless mesh self-healing technology
- 450 to 600 meter (1,500 to 2,000 feet) wireless range and up to five hops
- Up to 50 wireless sensors or 336 data channels per HOBO RX station
- Simple button push to join the HOBOnet wireless network
- Onboard memory to ensure no data loss
- Powered by rechargeable AA batteries and built-in solar panel
What measurements does this sensor support?
The RXW-SMC-xxx sensor supports the following measurement: Soil Moisture