When a microphone from a sound level meter is inserted into this calibrator, the sound level meter picks up the signal and displays the signal in dB (decibel) units. The sound level meter should be adjusted (if necessary) to match the calibrator's output signal as closely as possible.
The generated sound pressure level is equal to 94dB, 104dB, and 114 dB at 1000 Hz frequency. The 1000 Hz frequency allows calibrating sound level meters with any frequency weighting (LIN, A, B, ...), without applying any correction factor.
It can be conveniently used both in a laboratory and in the field. The 114 dB sound level allows performing calibrations even in high background noise environments.
- Professional 8930 AZ Sound Level Meter Calibrator features:
- Meets IEC 60942:2018, type 2 class standard
- Stay accurate even in extreme room humidity conditions and high-altitude places
- Suitable for all sound level meters with microphone head mechanical compliant with IEC 61094-1 or IEC 61094-4, such as 23.8/13.2/12.2 and 7mm
- Calibration frequency at 1K Hz with three levels 114dB, 94dB, and 104 dB
- Vivid LED display with stability and low power indicator
- Power up by batteries, easy to carry around
- Compatible with all AZ-made sound level meters, including models 8922, 8921, 8925 and 8928
The compact 8930 AZ Sound Level Meter Calibrator is a portable, battery-operated sound source, suitable for many portable sound level meters.
The Digital 8930 AZ Sound Level Meter Calibrator was being designed and manufactured by AZ Instrument, a well-experienced manufacturer of Environmental Measuring Instrument.
|Calibration Frequency||1000 Hz|
|Sound Pressure Level||94 dB, 104 dB, 114 dB|
|Sound Pressure Accuracy||±0.4 dB|
|Stabilization Time||10 Seconds|
Ambient Condition Influence:
Temperature and Humidity Influence
Static Pressure Influence
<0.4 dB at 0~40℃, 25~90% RH
<0.1 dB at 65~108 kPa
Short-term Stability (<60s)
Stability after 1 year with normal use
|Battery Life Time||50 hours typical|
|LED Indicator||1 Green/Red: ready/low power
3 Green: 114/104/64 dB
|Operating RH%||25~90% RH|
|Storage RH%||Humidity <90%|
|Meter Size||60 (L) * 130(W) * 37.5 (H) mm|
|Microphone Head Cavity
|Battery||AAA Alkaline Batteries * 2 PCS|
|Standard Package||Meter / Battery / Manual / Paper Box|